Become A CDL Instructor Today
CLASS A CDL Position. Multiple Openings. Local, Set Schedule. Rewarding Job
Ready to make the shift out of the driving industry and into the education field? Our team of CDL instructors bring the experience of the field to our students. Through our paid instructor training program you will develop the skills and qualifications necessary to help the next generations of Commercial drivers.
Idaho CDL Training LLC is a Boise Idaho based Commercial Driving School dedicated to helping people obtain their CDL and getting on to their career. Our focus is always on the student and doing what is best for them. The entire team works hard to ensure that it is a positive experience for our students. This students centered attitude sets us apart in the industry as we continually seek out better ways to serve the needs of the students and develop personalized programs for their success. As a family owned company we want the best instructors to represent what we have worked so hard to grow.
We are growing rapidly and looking for dedicated full time employees to take on both CDL instructor positions as well as leadership positions. This is a full-time salaried position with possible advancement opportunities for the right person.
An ideal candidate will be someone who has a great attitude and an abundance of patience, and fosters a fun and positive work atmosphere. This position will require you to be outside for long hours in any weather conditions.
100% paid employee health premiums, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee, paid time off, Life and Accident insurance policy, retirement, company paid training, competitive pay DOE.
CDL Instructor Job Requirements
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Full Class “A”
- Clean criminal history. No Felonies or violent crimes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of verifiable CDL driving experience within the last 10 years
- CLEAN MVR and PASS background check
- Ability to pass our road test, as applicable
- Must have current DOT medical card or be able to obtain DOT Medical card and keep it current
- As operator of Class A equipment, ability to pass DOT drug tests upon hire and on an ongoing basis
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (We will train the right individual in more depth on these topics)
- Knowledge of procedures for and ability to execute pre-trip vehicle inspection, air-brake test and CDL driving essentials (i.e. straight-line backing, 90 degree alley-docking, parallel parking-sight side/blind side)
- Ability to instruct using manual transmission in a variety of driving environments (i.e. driving highway, city, night vs. day, in different weather conditions)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to maintain vehicle equipment.
- Motivation, dedication, professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Ability to show sensitivity to the needs and requirements of adult learners.
- Flexibility to the needs of the company in order to best serve the client needs. (roll with the punches attitude)
- Great communication and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions year round. It gets very hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time (80% of the time is in the yard training)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: DOE Starting at $53,000.00 per year
Generous Benefits package. Health/Dental/Vision premiums paid 100% for employee. Retirement account with employer match, and more.
Find our job postings on Indeed or Email your resume and cover letter to apply. firstname.lastname@example.org
There is plenty of room to grow. We are a fast growing company and always looking for the right people to help us expand!
Compensation for this position is competitive. We want to help you earn a living!
fun work environment
Get out and drive. Teaching aspiring truck drivers is a very fun and rewarding job!
Send us your resume
Email a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com