Become A CDL Instructor Today
CDL Instructor – Positive Attitude- Competitive Industry Pay
Idaho CDL Training LLC is a Boise based Commercial Driving School dedicated to helping people obtain their CDL and getting on to their career. Our focus is always on the student and doing what is best for them. The entire team works hard to ensure that it is a positive experience for our students. This students centered attitude sets us apart in the industry as we continually seek out better ways to serve the needs of the students and develop personalized programs for their success. As a local, family owned company we want the best instructors to represent what we have worked so hard to grow.
Is the transport industry not working for your anymore? Are you interested in making a difference in young people’s lives? Becoming a CDL instructor is a rewarding career for someone who is ready for a change of pace from being on behind the wheel.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a dedicated full time employee. This is a Full-time salaried position with possible advancement opportunities available in the future.
An ideal candidate will be someone who has a great attitude and an abundance of patience, and fosters a fun and positive work atmosphere. This position will require you to be outside for long hours in any weather conditions.
100% paid health, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee, generous vacation time, 100% paid colonial life accident insurance policy, retirement, company paid training, competitive pay DOE.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Full Class “A”
- Clean criminal history. No Felonies or violent crimes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of verifiable CDL driving experience within the last 10 years
- CLEAN MVR and PASS background check
- Ability to pass our road test, as applicable
- Must have current DOT medical card or be able to obtain DOT Medical card and keep it current
- As operator of Class A equipment, ability to pass DOT drug tests upon hire and on an ongoing basis
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (We will train the right individual in more depth on these topics)
- Knowledge of procedures for and ability to execute pre-trip vehicle inspection, air-brake test and CDL driving essentials (i.e. straight-line backing, 90 degree alley-docking, parallel parking-sight side/blind side)
- Ability to instruct using manual transmission in a variety of driving environments (i.e. driving highway, city, night vs. day, in different weather conditions)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to maintain vehicle equipment.
- Motivation, dedication, professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Ability to show sensitivity to the needs and requirements of adult learners.
- Flexibility to the needs of the company in order to best serve the client needs. (roll with the punches attitude)
- Great communication and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions year round. It gets very hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time (80% of the time is in the yard training)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: DOE up to $55,000.00 per year
There is plenty of room to grow. This position could advance into a full time position!
Compensation for this position is competitive. We want to help you earn a living!
fun work environment
Get out and drive. Teaching aspiring truck drivers is a very fun and rewarding job!